CHRISTIAN REFORMED CHURCH
Facility Usage Rules
The church building and its facilities are available for use by church organizations and members of the congregation for appropriate use (family gatherings, anniversary parties, graduations, reunions, and showers) upon approval by the Building & Grounds chairperson.
1. Application for building use must be turned in to the Events Coordinator, Barb Nagelkerk at least two weeks prior to rental, unless special arrangements have been made.
2. No date will be reserved until the application and any applicable fees are received. Verbal confirmation will be given at this time.
3. A reservation may not conflict with any regularly scheduled church activity.
4. The renter assumes all responsibility for use of the facilities, supervising all activities during the time of use.
5. All furniture and church equipment shall be left in the order and condition they were prior to the rental.
6. Church Council reserves the right to exclude uses of our facility not suitable to our purposes and goals.
7. The requesting party agrees to compensate for any damage to church property in the amount to be determined by the Building & Grounds Committee. The requesting party must also replace lost or stolen church property.
8. Noordeloos Christian Reformed Church shall assume no responsibility for any injuries that arise due to activities held on the premises.
9. When renting a specific area of the church, please refrain from going to other areas of the building.
10. Use of the church organ is limited to those persons approved by the Head Organist, Sharon Machiela at 772-4781.
11. Use of the church sound system is limited to those persons approved by the Head of the Sound Group, Kevin Walters at 748-5671.
12. If an event is to be held on Saturday, all activities shall be completed by 5:00 p.m. unless special arrangements have been made with the custodians, Dale & Marla Nienhuis at 772-9850.
13. Smoking is strictly prohibited in the entire church building.
14. Possession or consumption of alcoholic beverages is not permitted on church property.
15. Temperature adjustment can only be done by those authorized to operate the controls.
16. The requesting party is responsible for setting up and taking down of tables and chairs.
17. All tables and chairs must be returned to the storage room adjacent to the kitchen.
18. No red, orange, or purple colored drinks are to be used due to carpeted floors.
19. Noordeloos Christian Reformed Church is not responsible for lost or stolen personal items.
20. Food and drink is to remain in the fellowship area ONLY.
21. No nails, tacks, staples, or pins will be used for decorating purposes. Tape, except for duct tape, may be used, but NO adhesive is to be used on wood or painted wall surfaces.
22. All food brought into the church is to be removed at the conclusion of the event. All un-labeled food will be disposed of after 24 hours.
23. After an event the requesting party is responsible for the general clean-up of all areas used. This includes taking the trash to the dumpster located behind the building.
ADDITIONAL RULES FOR WEDDING USE
NOTE: These Rules are IN ADDITION to the Normal Rules for Facility Use
1. A distinction is made between wedding rentals of church members and non-church members. Unless the bride-elect, groom-elect, or their parents are members of Noordeloos CRC, the wedding is considered as one of a non-member.
2. Council approval must be obtained for weddings involving a bride-elect and groom-elect who are non-members of our church.
3. Arrangements for opening and closing the building are to be made through the custodians, Dale & Marla Nienhuis at 772-9850, at least 7 days prior to the date of use.
4. When possible, we ask that events not be scheduled on Saturdays. If an event is to be held on Saturday, all activities shall be completed by 5:00 p.m. unless special arrangements have been made with the custodians.
5. Scheduling and compensation for wedding participants (Pastor, Soloist, Organist, Instrumentalist, etc.) are the responsibility of the bride & groom.
6. Because a sound technician will be present, wedding and wedding rehearsals need to begin promptly at the scheduled time.
7. No rice or confetti is to be thrown on church property. Birdseed or bubbles will be permitted outside of the church building.
8. The church will not be responsible for personal items (dresses, tuxedos, purses, jewelry, coats, glassware, etc.) brought to the church for the wedding or reception.
9. Furniture and furnishings that need to be moved should first be discussed with the custodians.
10. It is the responsibility of the bride & groom to contact the custodians about opening the church to set up and remove all decorations and equipment.
11. Decorations may be used on the organ and piano if appropriate protection is provided.
12. All candles are to be of the “dripless” variety. Floor plastic is also required under all candles.
Celebrating God’s Faithfulness For Over 150 Years
Noordeloos CRC will receive $.01 for every search that you do using GoodSearch.com.
Charity Name: Noordeloos Christian Reformed Church